Monday, May 5, 2008

Who? What? When? Where? and How???

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" Prov 3:5 "Why are you doing it that way?" "Did you think of this?" "Did you check that?" "Are you sure that's right?" "Did you consider the following options....?" These are just a few of the standard questions I ask multiple times in a day, especially if hubby and I are embarking on a project. I have always been one of those people who needs to have everything spelled out to me. I am not much for spontaneity and I like to prepared for any eventuality. Don't get me wrong, I do like surprises but that's just because I wasn't told about it in advance and thus had no time to formulate questions and alternate options. When I was gainfully employed outside the home, this was a somewhat valuable attribute to possess in the corporate world. I worked constantly on process development projects. I thrived on making sure all aspects, certain or possible, were covered on the end to end process of a function. So, there is a good place for my annoying question-asking problem. Growing up, I asked many questions because there was a lot of uncertainty and constant changes in my life and with my family. In that case, asking questions helped me to cope and roll with the changes. I may not have understood the "whys" behind the actions but at least I had some type of "plan" devised on how to handle changes. So, this appears to be another good time in my life this paid off. That brings us back to now -- hubby is always too fond of my "style" and I really do try to hold my tongue and not question EVERYTHING. He may beg to differ with me on my last sentence but I know in my heart that I am trying. Really I am!!! It is so hard to change something that has been ingrained in a person from the time they can remember. These habits or traits become so intertwined in a person and may even take on the form of a personality or an identifying quality. We all have them. Some good. Some bad. Some no one understands. Some are funny. Some are sad. Some are hurtful. Some are uplifting. Whatever the status, we should continue to check ourselves to ensure we are in line with God's teaching, His Word, and His will for our lives. I have had to make changes in my life that go against my nature to adjust to the Will of God. I It was hard to make these adaptations at first but as time went by, I found that I was happier and better off without the doing it my way. I still question God from time to time and I think He is okay with that because that's part of our relationship. The difference between the "me of old" and the "new me" is that I trust Him and usually just ask clarifying questions. My goal and prayer is that I stay anchored to him at all times and in all situations. God is truly the magnet in our compass point. If we stay calibrated with Him, all directions will lead to His path for you. You will never get lost and will always been in contact with guidance from the Great I AM. Where do you want to go in your life -- God is more trusty that MapQuest!! Dear Father! - Thank you so much for guiding me. Thank you for allowing me to anchor myself to you and walk a divine path made just for me. Please forgive when I try to take control and ask too many questions or need too much information. Please be with me in all that I say and do. AMEN Application:

  • Do you ask questions of people and of God? If yes -- what types of questions and why?
  • What about your natural self do you need to work on and adjust to fit the will of God>
  • Ask God to help you to make any changes and to show His will for your life.

No comments: