Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What does He want me to see???

".....who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14b Do you ever find yourself gravitating towards one thing or another despite your attempts to go in opposite directions or to branch out? That has been happening to me lately, but it's a good thing. My compass point has been focused on the Bible book of Esther. Not just on the character of Esther alone but the many people within the story. The stories within the stories. As I flip open my Bible or sit down to do an unrelated Bible study, I feel drawn back to those 10 chapters in the Old Testament. Just the other day, Trish and I were mulling over Bible study curriculum to offer our ladies this fall via the women's ministry. One of the books, she brought out was a self-contained study on... Esther. I also know that Beth Moore is working on a study of Esther. I find myself saying things and then it turns out that it is scripture verses from the book of Esther. What is it that the Lord wants me to see or learn? I don't know but I am bound and determined to find out. I am captivated by the story every time I read it and see something different with a new application on my life. That same can be said of the Bible in its entirety. In my opinion, this is how the Lord allows us to grow closer to Him and make the books and stories in the Bible relevant to our lives. The Bible itself as a whole can be pretty intimidating to just open and begin to study, after all you must take it in small bites. He leads us through not just one book at a time or one chapter at a time or even one scripture at a time. I feel He leads us through one word at a time. If we reflect on what He is trying to tell us in each passage, we can and will find practical application for our lives. Right now, I am spending time getting to know Esther and in essence getting to know myself through the eyes of the Lord. He loves us all no matter what our circumstances and He has a plan for us "....for such a time as this." (Esther 4:14b) Why don't you join me between the pages of the greatest stories ever told. You can find me in the book of Esther, just read and you may find yourself too!! Dear Lord -- Thank you so much for leading and guiding in all aspects of my life. I thank you for the Bible and all that it teaches. I thank you that it is still relevant and that people are not that different no matter the time in history! I pray you continue to make Yourself real to me in many ways!! In the precious name of Jesus! AMEN Application:

  • Do you ever find yourself constantly inundated with a certain topic, scripture, Bible verse, character, etc?? Maybe the Lord is trying to teach you something.
  • Do you have a person or situation that you to relate to in the Bible? If so, take time to parallel your life and theirs -- see what glorious things the Lord has done in both stories.
  • Pray that the Lord will guide and lead you in all aspects of your life and direct you to the areas in the Bible He wants you to glean the most from for your benefit!!

No comments: