Monday, January 28, 2008

Cry out to Jesus

"Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught at the voice of the enemy, at the stares of the wicked; for they bring down suffering upon me and revile me in their anger. My heart is in anguish within me; " Psalm 55:1-4a(NIV) Currently, all is not well with my soul. Not because my relationship with the Lord, my family or friends is lacking but because of an attack I feel against me. Satan uses all types of situations and people to attack us when we least expect it, especially when we are being used of the Lord. I am grieved by the actions of some to try and take the focus off the Lord and place it upon themselves with the premise of "doing it for God." I feel the pain of King David as he cried out to the Lord in the 55th Psalm. Nothing but the Lord can help me with what I am currently feeling and experiencing. Only His guidance can see me through this situation because surely I can not handle this on my own. The same is true for all of us. Isn't it wonderful that we have such a God that fights our battles for us and helps with discernment? Tonight, I feel ill-equipped to offer any words of encouragement as I feel beaten down in my attempts to reach people for Christ. Unfortunately, I have allowed these recent events to cause me to doubt the purpose for which I feel God called me. Ironically, my mood is improving as I write and read His glorious WORD in search for comfort and healing. Isn't God great!!! Thanks to all for allowing me to lament. Dear Lord - I seek your face and your will in my life. Help me to discern what is good and what is true. I pray for comfort, direction and healing in the ministry. AMEN Application:

  • Pray for one another
  • Cry out to the Lord and seek Him in times of trouble
  • Seek Him in times of joy as well - Seek Him at ALL times

No comments: