Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sufficiency in Christ

".... "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV) -emphasis mine She sits alone in a room and ponders the meaning of life and what she should be doing with her life. She feels helpless and unequipped to make any decisions. This is the first time in her life she has no idea where she is going or how she is to get there. All she knows is that she can't stay where she is at this point in her life. The stagnation and idleness are on the verge of smothering her. What is a girl to do??? The person I described is a just a made up thought in my head, yet she really does exist somewhere in this world. It could be your neighbor. Your co-worker. The person serving next to you in ministry at the church. It could be you or someone close to you. Ironically, we have or probably will encounter something like this "dark" time in our own lives. For those of us who are in Christ, we have hope but it doesn't always make the time pass any quicker or provide any overnight fixes for our dilemmas. For those of us in Christ, this time should draw us closer to the Lord and allow Him to be sufficient in all things. This is hard for those of us like myself that have control issues. I am not one that likes to depend others to take care of things for me, especially when I don't see anything being done to find a resolution. I hope that I can say that I am not alone with my condition. God is still teaching me to "be still" and wait upon the Lord. After several tough knots on my head, I am getting a little better at this. My concern is not for those of us in Christ as it is for those without hope. Many times when things are really tragic and/or unbearable, I have had conversations with Christian friends and we have pondered how those without hope can possibly make it through. It is hard enough having hope to make it through some situations. We need to be the tangible hands and feet of Christ to everyone but I feel a special burden for the lost. Not only are they in turmoil but their eternal soul is also at stake. Ironically, what they are going through on this earth is nothing compared to what they will face in eternity. At the concert I attended on Saturday, Mercy Me made an awesome point that no matter what we are going through (good to bad to tragic) it is all for the glory of God. As a Christian it is my prayer that will be my attitude should a tragedy strike me. I also pray for those that don't know Him to find Him in the midst of their struggle, thus bringing Him glory. Pray with me for all to come to know the Lord and in times of unbearable anguish have the hope of Christ Jesus. Reach out to those around you. You, like me, may have to start paying closer attention to those around us to discern who the Lord wants us to help. It only takes a small pebble in a pond to make lasting ripples and impacts for time to come. How about it? --Will you be an instrument of God to guide someone to the only true HOPE -- the Lord Jesus Christ? Dear Lord - thank you for allowing me to have hope through whatever comes my way in this life. I pray that you help me to claim and hold onto that hope when needed. I also pray for my unsaved brothers and sisters. I pray for you to open my eyes to see those in need. AMEN Application:

  • Have you gone or are you going through something intense? If so, are you focusing on the hope in Christ to get you through?
  • Do you know of those around you in need? If so, pray how the Lord wants you to help them.
  • Pray that the Lord will make you sensitive to how you can used of Him.

No comments: