Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Up again at 1 am.....

Well -- I am back from my cruise and awfully rested in the physical sense, yet a little lazy about getting back into the swing of things. I am up in the wee hours of the morning as I can't seem to settle my mind down. I have in fact taken the past hour to spend some much needed time in the Word. This is when the Lord talks to me and gets my attention -- like 1am!! He knows that if I can't sleep, He and I can spend some uninterrupted time together. Despite my intentions to read and get a head in my Bible study on my vacation, I slacked and got a little behind, thus a little disconnected. I have so many thoughts in my head, however I must focus on 2 main tasks this week. I need to be prepared for our women's ministry "kick-off" event this coming Sat and our 1st praise and worship time for our Tues morning Bible studies beginning next week. The Lord has given me something for both of those and I need (really need) to finish them to completion. The other thoughts can wait as I feel myself getting a little sleepy and mind settling down now that I have spent time in the Word and my purpose at this season in my life. I must be careful not to go off on my own and try to conquer my own thoughts. Once I spend time at the throne of Christ, it all comes back into perspective. I don't always understand things more but I can at least feel a peace. Now, it's off to sleep and I pray for a pleasant slumber. I will post more this week about my trip and some of these thoughts. Good night everyone! Blessings, Paula

No comments: