Monday, November 24, 2008

Not another to do item

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. 1Corinthians 1:9 (NIV) For the last couple of weeks, I have been focused on the upcoming Christmas dinner the women's ministry at my church loving produces every year. This year, I have the honor of working closely with those writing and developing the event. My task is to write and deliver the narrative for the evening. How awesome is God that He planned it out that when I was experiencing a wilderness period in my walk with Him, I would face the task of talking about the meaning of a relationship with Christ. Not only did my experience help me to make the process relevant to others but it also allowed me to see that I am not too far from Him and even helped bring me back to His arms. I can finally start to feel His touch again. It appears that my busyness with others and things really did get in the way of being with Him. It didn't matter that I prayed, read the Word or listened to worship music -- my heart wasn't in it therefore I couldn't feel Him. After all, He dwells within my heart and soul. God is not in the "have to" business rather, He wants us to desire a relationship with Him. One that is not based upon tradition, religion or down right task-oriented. He is a not an item to be crossed off our to-do list or forced into a small amount of time we eek out for Him during the day. He is the God of the universe and He has taken up residence in my soul. SO, that I say entitles Him to have all the time in the world in my day. As a result, He will allow everything else to fall into place and if not, He will make a way to make Himself known and rediscovered. Just a thought.....

No comments: