Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A little something to humble your heart

My faithful Father, enduring Friend Your tender mercy’s like a river with no end It overwhelms me, covers my sin Each time I come into Your presence I stand in wonder once again

CHORUS: Your grace still amazes me Your love is still a mystery Each day I fall on my knees Your grace still amazes me ‘Cause Your grace still amazes me

Oh, patient Saviour, You make me whole You are the Author and the Healer of my soul What can I give You, Lord, what can I say I know there’s no way to repay You Only to offer You my praise

It’s deeper, it’s wider It’s stronger, it’s higher It’s deeper it’s wider It’s stronger, it’s higher than anything my eyes can see

(Phillips, Craig & Dean)

This morning as I lay awake thinking back on my life and all that Lord has done, this song came to mind. I love listening to it!! I just never really meditated on the words until now. His Grace is truly not deserved but yet He still lavishes it out upon me daily!! I feel very humbled by my time with the Lord in the wee hours of this morning. I pray that you too are impacted. The apostle Paul had this encounter with the Lord as he pleaded for the Lord to remove a "thorn" from him. We all have thorns in our lives, don't we?
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor 12: 9-10 (NIV)
Dear Father - Thank you so much for waking me from my slumber to enjoy this time with You. Thank You for leading me to this song and the lyrics. Your grace still amazes me each day!! Please continue to be patient with me as I stumble and fall while trying to reach Your heavenly throne. Thank You for picking me up each time, dusting me off and encouraging me to endure the race. In the Precious Name of Jesus - AMEN Application:
  • What "thorns" are you asking God to remove in your life?
  • What areas of your life do you need God's grace?
  • Pray for guidance and direction each day as you go through your daily walk -big decisions or small -- His grace is sufficient.

No comments: