Monday, April 20, 2009

Refined By Him everyday!!

Writer's block seems be plaguing me at this particular point in my life. Normally, I am rarely at a loss for words but lately it seems as if when I find myself at the PC, my mind goes blank or off into random obscurity. I can't seem to fashion a thought much less a logical or thought-provoking sentence. I do have many things on my mind as of late..... Decisions to be made, roads to travel, waiting to be done and the like. As I look back on my life, I realize it has always been this way but in the past I didn't seem to put as much weight on things as I do now. I carefully consider all my options and determine the best course of action based on the least resistance. I am not sure that is exactly how I am to be proceeding. Where is the trust? Where is the reliance on God to set my feet upon the path? Where is that part of my life in which I don't worry about tomorrow? If anything, at this point in my life I trust God more than ever especially since my recent release from burdens I shouldered that belonged to others. As I ponder the issues before me, I notice that they are harder questions than before and more significant waiting to be done. Is this because He now expects more from me? A test - perhaps? I can't say that I am awfully worried -- I think more anxious for a direction to be given and a definitive answer to appear. I am not sure how to feel about a particular subject so I am cautious to feel anything at all until the path is clear. As I go through the Bible, I find comfort in my present state. I ponder those situations that those who lived before me encountered and yet they too were scared, uncertain and somewhat afraid to move forward. Abraham, Moses, Joseph, Job, Esther, Peter, Paul, and so on... They all had major decisions to make and waiting to be done before they could proceed. What they possessed though is nothing different than what we possess if we just reach for it -- God! His guiding hand... His provision...His refinement of any given circumstance to meet His will for the lives of those He loves. So, as I sit here with writer's block, decisions to be made and waiting to be done -- I realize that God has brought to this place for "such a time as this..." (Esther 4:14 ) AND that I am still in the Potter's hand (Isaiah 64:8) AND He is refining me all the time to be worthy to wear a crown and be with Him for eternity. (Daniel 11:35) Praise Him that He is still in the business of making Himself real to me in every situation --even during my block!

....I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' Zechariah 13:9(NIV)
Dear Lord - thank You for Your love - I thank You for showing me Your plan for me as I write this simple blog. I pray that You continue to refine me until all the impurities of self are gone. Thank You for my salvation. In the precious name of Jesus - AMEN Application:
  • What are you struggling with at this time in your life?
  • Do you feel that as you mature in your faith -- your trials become more significant? If so, what is different about the situations.
  • Pray that the Lord will help you see Him in the midst of your circumstance. Ask Him not so much for deliverance but for comfort and peace to see you through to the end of His refining processes.

No comments: