Friday, July 10, 2009

Mood blaster...

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 (NIV)
This morning I am beside myself with emotion... unwarranted and unexplained emotion. It teeters from downright sadness to fear to anger... All unprovoked and definitely not understood. I did not sleep well last night and was awake off and on throughout the night. Again, for no discernible reason. Not sure what the day holds or if my mood and feelings are some sort of early warning system for the upcoming events of the day? Not really sure-- been praying and getting no response...Tried to read and couldn't focus. Decided to write, yet my words and thoughts are scattered. What's a girl to do? It's moments like this that I wonder how anyone exists in this world without the hope of Jesus Christ. Just as this mood as overcome me at this moment, it will not have victory. Bottom line, my destiny and path have already been paved -- thus nothing this side of Heaven can take away that joy. Right now, that Joy seems stuffed somewhere deep inside but nonetheless, it is still there. He will never leave nor forsake me. So, as I sit here waiting for peace to enter my heart -- I will reflect on God's goodness, His blessings, and His promises. After all, if I meditate on truth long enough -- it will penetrate my psyche and put me back into a better frame of mind. No matter the day I will have -- I will praise the Lord! This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice in it -- even if I don't feel like it. How about you?? Dear Father -- I pray that You help me through this day. I pray that You help ease this sense of uneasiness that is penetrating my being at this particular moment. I pray for Your blessing and guidance as I go through this day and that no matter what comes my way -- I will depend on You. Thank you Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus I pray, AMEN Application:
  • Meditate on the Lord and let Him show you how to make the most of His day!
  • I covet your prayers as I grow this day... You pray for me and I will do the same for you.

1 comment:

Vonda said...

Paula, I noticed the link to your blog via your email and God led me to this post even though this was posted in July! I have been praying much for JOY and to not rely on emotions to get me through my days. Thank you for the encouragement! Little did you know when you posted this a couple of months ago that someone (ME) would need this for TODAY!