Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's finally over.....

"How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears." 2 Samuel 7:22 (niv) "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4 (niv) Well, the election is finally over. We don't have to hear anymore political rhetoric or see anymore misinterpretations from either side. The country has spoken and whether we agree with it or not, "it is what it is." As I watched the election results last night, I felt the pit of my stomach falling and felt an overwhelming sense of fear. I was reminded of my roots and they are firmly entrenched in the Bible. I was reminded that God is in control of everything and every one! None of this is a surprise to God!! He knows and has allowed all these things to transpire in order for His will to be carried out. I am not saying these are the end times but what I am saying is that if this is any indication of how people will be easily swayed, then by all means buckle up for a bumpy ride. God will use our new President-elect and all the others elected in various offices to make a difference. It is not up to us to define the difference as good or bad. We are to take a stance for the cause of Christ and see how God will work what some of us perceive to be bad for His good. I must admit, I was a little skeptical going into the race and felt that Obama would come out on top despite my vote but at least I voted. I will now pray for our new and returning leaders that God will work through them and they will be receptive to His moving. No matter what, God will be glorified. At least I know that I will be doing my part for that!! Dear Heavenly Father - Your ways are not our ways! I pray for a sense of peace and comfort in knowing that You are above all things and are always in control. I pray for our leaders (past and present) that they follow Your path and make a difference for Your kingdom. In the Precious name of Jesus - AMEN Blessings to you all, Paula

2 comments:

Dana said...

I am so with you. While trusting in the Lord I cannot help feel sad. We have a hard fight ahead and it starts with prayer now :)

Sharon said...

I couldn't have said it better myself girlfriend. It is in the darkest of times that God's light shines brightest.