Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Suit up!!

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Ephesians 6:10-18 (NIV)
Okay -- remind me to never say, "it can't possibly get any worse." As a matter of fact, you have the right to slap me if I even start to utter the phrase!! What I am learning is that nothing, no one or no thing is off limits to Satan. I know clearly that he has singled me out to be taunted. I am in the midst of a full-blown spiritual warfare. Why? Well, because I said "YES" to God's calling to go on this mission trip. As Satan continues to try to dissuade me, I dig in deeper and realize this truly must be God's calling or else Satan would be lurking elsewhere.
I must admit that for the last week, I have started to blame myself for all that have been going on. Thinking that I had I not committed to this trip, all of this chaos would be non-existent. But, that too is a lie straight from the devil. To be honest, all that has happened was just a hot pot waiting to boil over and the ol' devil is just trying to take credit for it. I can't let him do that... that's giving him way too much control over my life and room in my head.
That happens to me all the time. As much I think I have limited the control I give him, he eeks out another small spot and snuggles in for a long stay with quiet little whispers that speak right to my insecurities. I venture to say, I am not alone in this process and many others out there also suffer from the same condition. I least that is what I surmise from the watching the lives of others. At least I like to think I'm not the only one.
I understand that I am truly powerless to handle any of this on my own. I can not do anything without the power of Christ that lives within me. (Philippians 4:13) The power of Christ is stronger than anything that I will encounter in this world, whether it be physical, mental, emotional or spiritual.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35, 38-39 (NIV)
I don't know what tomorrow holds and I am not naive enough to think that my problems can't get any worse. Just the converse, I realize that the darts can more persistent and damaging but I do know that whatever comes my way, the Lord Jesus Christ is by my side. I may not like the outcome or the result but in the end, it will be God that is glorified and His purpose will prevail. Honestly though, I am praying for a hedge of protection around my family and myself to curtail the constant pounding. I am so thankful that I have HOPE above all else.
Dear Father -- I can't even begin to understand the depth of Your love and the reason why You have called me to be a worker in the field. I am humbled by Your attention. I now pray for a hedge of protection and a lifting of the burdens that are currently before my family. I pray for a super fortified version of Your armor to be placed on us at this time. I know that You have a plan and purpose for all things. In the precious name of Jesus - AMEN
Application:
  • Are you going through a rough time at this point in your life? If so, do you have a relationship with the only anchor that can save you? If not, please ask Jesus to be your Savior!! Click here for easy steps!
  • Pray for those around you? Those you know and those you don't. I personally covet your prayers for my family and my upcoming mission trip.
  • Seek time with God and make sure that you too are fitted with His armor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE.................................................