Saturday, May 1, 2010

Be Amazed!

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him.
"You of little faith,"
he said, "why did you doubt?"
Matthew 14:31 (NIV)
To date, I have been pushed, pulled, flattened, fried, smashed, you name it into a mixed bag of emotions. My hopes have been dashed by legal wranglings and dead ends. I have come to the end of my rope trying to do for others and "help" in my own way. I am by nature a fixer and loyal to a fault when others need defending. Now I am waving my white flag of surrender. I have finally gotten to the point that I am truly going to let go and let God! The scripture does not say that "I make the paths straight." I have searched many translations and in fact it says, " in all your ways acknowledge him and HE will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:6 NIV - emphasis mine).
God is truly in control but I need to allow Him to actually take the reigns and lead. My role is to follow, stay still and to wait -- sometimes all at the same time! What this has shown me over the past couple of weeks is that the ole' Devil must think I am pretty special as to try to distract me from what God has planned for me. I leave for Botswana in 19 days!! God has done so many wonderful things in this time and I will not allow Satan to take credit for anything other than being a bother. My new mantra is : "God specializes in the bleak and hopeless. I am prepared to be amazed!"
To date, I have raised all the support I need to go on my trip including the cost of my immunizations. That is totally a God thing because when I agreed to go, I had less than $180 at my disposal. God took that and multiplied it to over $3300 in the course of 6 weeks. He used others and their generosity to meet a need. I am truly overwhelmed and humbled by this gracious act of God. These are good -- no these are GREAT things in which to give Glory to God and God alone.
God has a plan for me and for YOU! I am no more special than any one else on this Earth. He can and wants to use all of us for His kingdom. Yes -- I am going through some very chaotic and tumultuous waters in my life but if I listen to Jesus and keep my eyes on Him and not on my circumstances, He will handle the rest. I like to say that a year from now, I will look back and be amazed at all that God has done. In reality, if I stop and look around me, I am amazed even now.
Dear Father -- I know that You are in control. You can raise folks from the dead, heal nations, bring beauty from ashes...Nothing is impossible for You. Please forgive me for the times I take the drivers seat and forget to even ask you to come along for the ride. I praise You for being my God and for showing me goodness in the midst of chaos. I can't wait for our journey in Botswana. I pray You continue to be with me at all time and in all things. In the Precious Name of Jesus - AMEN
Application:
  • What are you facing? Who's driving - you or God?
  • Ask God to show you how He is working in what may seem like a hopeless situation. Ask Him to show you a glimpse of His beauty, grace and kindness.
  • Pray for others around you as we never really know what people go through. Look for ways to come along side someone and show them the love of Jesus. It may be just what they need. Follow God's leading!

No comments: