Friday, May 14, 2010

Never Fails!

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:22-24 (NIV)
Dealing with a lot of outside stressors right now that involve innocent children. It appears that many folks, including those in my very own extended family, do not realize what a gift children are and what an honor it is to be given the privilege to parent. For those of us, like myself and hubby, these gifts don't come easy but we are very grateful and fulfilled with the little man God has entrusted to us. I can not imagine not putting him first. But, I must say that unfortunately on the few days I venture to read the news, I am reminded of what a fallen world we live in and many times the most innocent victims suffer the consequences. In our particular family situation, we continue to pray that God opens doors and prepares a way when there seems to be no way. I know that HE has not forgotten these children or any of the other innocents out there. We have hope and for that I am eternally grateful.
What this ongoing experience is teaching me is to be grateful and realize that small things make the difference, such as a kind word, taking a few moments for one on one attention, or just listening. Kids in any environment eat this stuff up and it gives them hope that in fact someone does see them too and that they do matter. The system may appear to be failing us and people may not be stepping up but God does not fail and He always steps up.
His mercies are new every morning but more importantly lately, I have felt His mercies throughout the day. He is the reason I can keep going and fighting for those that others choose to discard and neglect. He is the reason that I know beyond of a shadow of doubt that good will prevail. He has not failed me this far in my life and I know He won't fail them either.

No comments: